May 4, 2004

The Music Link

So I've realized that for some strange reason I associate people, objects, events, etc. with music. There's usually a story behind it too.

My sister: Matchbox 20 - Bright Lights
She and I are just turning down our street (she's driving) when this song comes on that we both like, but neither of us knows what it is. So we drive around our neighborhood for the next five minutes until it's done, then we went home and both rushed to the internet to find the name. It took a little while, but it was Bright Lights. Then we, uh, procured a version of the song.

Colin: Eagle Eye Cherry - Save Tonight
That guy can sing, even though it doesn't seem like it. This is the only song I've heard Colin sing.

Jordan: Dispatch - Two Coins
I just emailed her this song recently; she downloaded it and was trying to play it when this person in a chat room she was in started playing rap, so Jordan thought that I had emailed her rap music...she got it working eventually.

Ha: The Violet Burning - I'm No Superman
This song was on my blog, and apparently she used to go and listen to it all the time. I finally burned it on a cd for her. I'm just waiting until she gets tired of it, but that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

When I think of more, I'll post them. The links are in my mind; I just have to hear the song somewhere first.

Another note:
My DBQ essay ended up to be SIX FULL PAGES, double-spaced. That's the best report I've ever written. Check out this sentence:

"Although Rhodes is quite biased toward England, one can analyze his justification of imperialism through English nationalism to uncover the core cause of the nineteenth century British obsession with colonization; they believed that it was their 'creed…dream…and mission.'"

It's just awesome! I didn't plan it that way; I wrote it and then I'm thinking "That's freaking unintelligable!".

It's the debate influence, I know.